3:40 PM

Wedding Season

It's officially wedding season...love and wedding consultations are in the air. We have one April event, two in May and two in June so far. I am so excited to see a little color in my landscape that I can hardly stand it! My yard is still a drab greyish yellow. Julie and I get a little giddy sitting down with the bride and her entourage to check out hot pink gerbera daisies and lime green Yoko Ono Poms. This year the tread seems to be with green. Not that I have anything against green, it's just that it is not a stand alone color. That is when we pounce with our palet of plenty. Gorgeous orange day lilies and fragrant yellow freesia...it makes my head spin with delight. I have never been so happy to talk about colors. I'm not a huge fan of Gypsophila (baby's breath) but even that sounds glorious right now. I know that it happens every year, this rebirth that brings daffodills and tulips, crocus and lilacs. But even so I get nervous that the drab greys will be this years pinks. I am holding my breath until I see that first yellow bloom poking its way up toward the warm sun. I have selfish reasons for wanting summer to come quickly, but not too quickly. Just one wedding at a time!

0 comments: